Saturday, August 20, 2011

Going into a 70.3 with an extreme taper

I got shingles 4 weeks ago. Am I over it? The last day and a half, that nerve through my back has been pretty good, so I'm going to race Timberman tomorrow.

I've swam 3 times this week for about 20-30 min each. Only swim workouts in last 4 weeks.
Bike: 1 hour ride 2 days ago. 15 minute ride today. Only bike workouts in last 4 weeks.
Run: Tango prep hike. The Tango 7 mile run. 10 minute jog today. Only runs in last 4 weeks.

I'm carrying an extra 5 pound around the middle. Tough to turn off the eating habit when you get sick during the biggest two weeks of training all year. Then to not exercise at all.

I'm wondering if I can race smartly enough so that I can actually finish the run. That is the challenge tomorrow. I may be over estimating what I'm going to be able to do. Guess I'll find out soon.

I'm really looking forward to seeing Genine out there. Her Wave starts 10 minutes ahead of me. It will be interesting to see if/when I catch her.
This is her first half iron. She was looking forward to buying a Timberman 70.3 bike jersey today, unfortunately there weren't any to buy. What's up with that?

I'd better ZZZ..

Oh Genine is #500
I'm #816 (I think)

No comments: