Friday, July 29, 2011

Ouch. Bad timing.

As I had mentioned in my previous post, I've been dealing with some bad bites on my back at times they feel like they are on fire. Also my upper back muscles have been in knots for well over a week. I figured the beds up in NH had crippled me.
Well the muscle pain was bad enough Thursday that I left work early to go to a chiropractor (different Dr from my Tuesday visit). I also scheduled an appointment with a medical doctor on Friday AM to see about how to get these bites to chill out.
Well my chiropractor takes a look at my back and tells me that there is a chance that those aren't bug bites. Those might be the result of shingles. Suddenly it all makes sense. I've never had shingles before but I know about them and all the aches and pains I've been having fit the description perfectly.
Sure enough, my doctor this morning confirmed it. I'll be picking up a prescription soon and I'm hoping that it will be fast acting (really hard to know, it could take weeks). I have the Tango race a week from Tomorrow and Timberman 70.3 in 3 weeks. Can I race with this? Probably. It's really quite painful and uncomfortable at times tho'. Not exactly what you want to deal with for your A race for 2011.
I would LOVE a back massage right now but the doc says not until the skin clears, same for swimming. (we will see about that one).

I sure didn't expect this.... Ah well. This is painful and uncomfortable but there are worse problems to have.

No comments: