Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Never bored

Posts are infrequent because we've been vacationing. I don't have that 2.5 hours of sitting on a train commuting to work, to write my blog posts. I also think there are less hours in a day when you are on vacation.
I'm in the heaviest part of my training schedule. Swimming hasn't been happening much, nor has the weight lifting. Which is a shame but what can you do? I think the swimming will pick up this week. I plan on being in my wetsuit for most of those swims, hopefully that will help.
I biked a double loop of the Mooseman Int. course the other day. First loop was done at an easy pace and yet when I got to devil's hill the 2nd time, my bike felt like it was made of lead. I was odd how heavy that climb felt. Once I got out of the hills I made a point of taking a couple GU packs to make sure my calories were good. That may have helped, the rest of the ride was pretty good. It was also a hot day, so I was carrying 60 oz of fluid and I was taking salt tabs often. I think that was successful as well.
Knocked out a 2 hour run the other day too. Took a fuel belt and made a stop at the hour mark to reload. If it is crazy hot/humid on raceday, I may consider the fuel belt.

No comments: