Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Got to have a good Tango

So today Genine and I ran for a little more than an hour in afternoon heat. We figure it's likely that's what we are going to be running in for Timberman so we'd better get used to it. I took the fuel belt again and am doing a much better job keeping hydrated on the run.
Later we were at the lake, we both put our wetsuits on but Genine added fins for Tango training. As she passed me I thought, "I'll just draft off of her", ummm... nope, I have no chance of keeping up. She is a totally different swimmer with fins. I hope the reservoir is calm on race day. I'm really curious to see just how fast she's going to go on race day.
I also read that Craig continued his bike workout through the crazy rains in WV Monday night. Sheesh! My teammates are serious! I really have to hope I manage a good orienteering split this year everyone is working so hard, it would be nice if our overall time shows all the hard work.

No comments: