Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Getting Fatter

Not really, just feels that way, Christmas was very very good to me, not my waist line. Training is way off any competition stage, but feel good about maintaining some pushups and situps through the start of winter. The recent shoveling helped.

I have been all over the place about what to do this year. Focus on a doing a couple of international tri's, or focus on some sprints, or Xterra point series sounds fun, or try to achieve a cometitive 1/2 marathon.

Then Bam! a little blurb on iplayoutside.com showed a bike race that last year only started 3 miles from the house. It is back on again this year. Then it mentioned a points series with three of the races being in my county or a county away.

http://www.abraracing.com/Schedule.html

Road races close to the house, less than an hours drive from ABRA racing:
April 3, 2010 Morgantown Road Race
(this is the one close to the house, it really is mostly in PA, only goes about 25% in WV)
June 5, 2010 Tour of Tucker County Road Race

June 26 , 2010 Hilly Billy Roubiax

August 21, 2010 Appalachia Visited Road Race
September 18, 2010 WV State Time Trial Championship

This sounds good to me. I would love to do some bike races. All of these races except the Time trial are 40 to 50 miles. So, this is a committment, starting now!

Genine was hitting me hard to go to Mooseman, so that is in the mix for now too.

Hope all had a great Christmas.

3 comments:

GC said...

Looks like you're going to have to remove the Tour of Tucker County from your schedule. you'll be in NH racing Mooseman that day! :-)

I'm going to check out the bike race in April. Could be a fun way to kick off the season!

Jim said...

Craig, Sorry I missed you during your trip back. I agree, now that winter is here, it is tougher to get out and exercise.

On another note, I was looking back at my running logs from '05 when I was in pretty good shape and happened to notice that I was 20 pounds lighter!! That needs to change in 2010. I have been liking excess food and mountain dew way too much!

catmarlson said...

Other than the time trial, I'm guessing we'd have to remove our areo bars?
So do you have you bike trainer yet? If so, you might have to make some new mix tapes for that walkman of yours. ;-)