Friday, December 4, 2009

Busy

Quick update just to get something on here.

I seem to be managing at least one workout a day.
Running 3 or 4 times a week.
Swimming 2-3 times a week.
My bike... is locked in the garage, thanks to my contractor. (there is no key, I'll have to break something to get in)

My left foot pain is being managed best with a tennis ball massage every night.
My low back pain is being managed best by doing 20 minutes of stretching as soon as I roll out of bed.
I've started doing the pullups again. Underhand only so far. So far the bicep has been good.
The weight loss has been a disaster. The renovation has destroyed our living space and has made it difficult to cook at home. (the grill is also locked in the garage with the bikes)
My speedwork run workout plan has been sabotaged by whomever decided to fix the fence where we used to sneak through to get to the track. Funny how we were disappointed by that. Most people would find that to be a relief!

I've ordered a new saddle for my bike. I'm hopeful that this will be a huge upgrade in terms of comfort. The Adamo Racing Saddle.
Now to find some new bike shoes!

I've heard reports from both Ruth and Michelle regarding their MRIs. I love that both of them are on a mission and don't plan on letting something like a knee stop them.

It was a great visit to Warren last week. Looking forward to the Xmas break. It will be another quick trip tho. Thursday to Sunday is my guess.

That's the news.

3 comments:

Mjay said...

Sooo...were you able to break into the garage last night? "And this too shall pass..."

My knee is feeling pretty good right now. A bruise from the injection site is all I have to show for my experience. Today I walked up the stairs without grinding and pain! COOL!

silent_scream said...

Hi Mjay, glad to hear you found some relief. I still have grinding pain on the stairs but it's much less than it has been in the past months. The results of the mri came back and my meniscus is not torn. Hurrah! I just have bone spurs that pinch each other booo. Pt is the prescription recommended. I already see improvements after 3 weeks. Though I have not been jogging as much as I used to. booo again. The knee hurts also while swimming. They may go in there and remove the bone spurs if pt doesn't work completely. Boo again. I'd love to hear what they injected you with...

Mjay said...

Ruth--I got a steroid injected directly behind the knee (can't recall exact location). I am also on celebrex for inflammation. While I do have bone spurs the doctor feels as though it's the inflammation that is the true problem...WELL that and my age! he's says it is time for me to slow down! NO WAY ~michelle