Thursday, May 3, 2012

Easy week

Monday night I had a 30 minute swim lesson. It turned out to be a terrible time slot. All the lanes had swim team up until my lesson started. So no warm up. The pool was freezing. Normally that isn't a problem. Without my warmup, I was a mess. The coach basically ripped into me and I never swam anything over 100. Even tho' it was somewhat of a disaster, I got a bunch out of it. It's just that none of the improvements showed up until my next workout. I've done 2 workouts since and I'm heading back in the right direction.
I cut my 90 minute run to 45 minutes this week and I haven't biked yet. I'm giving my left hip / IT Band a break. I'm not sure why I didn't schedule a massage. It's feeling much better tho' and I think it was a good call to back off on the workouts.

Looking to step it back up this weekend.
Genine races next weekend. I race in 2 weeks. It's getting close!
Time to throw the wetsuit into tub to presoak it. Does it help? I don't think it hurts.

No comments: