Sunday, April 29, 2012

NYRR Run as One 4 miler 2012

As I mentioned in the previous post, I was concerned about my left leg / IT Band during my bike yesterday. Well this morning, it really let me know that something has to change. I had more than a few painful steps this morning as we walked to the corrals. I think I was tight because of the cold.

So I decided to take it easy and see how it was going to go. Big race so I was in the 3rd corral. Got to the first mile mark in 7:42 at which point I decided I was feeling alright. So I turned it up. 2nd mile mark in 7:12. (I believe this has a downhill as well). 3rd mile climbing, back to about a 7:36. Final mile I worked the downhill as best I could. (still not great at this). Then I also had a kick to the finish as I wanted to make sure I finished under 30 minutes. 4th mile 7:15. Total time 29:47.

Looking at my earlier races. This is 1 second faster than my Feb 4 miler and I know I didn't bike 50 miles of hills the day before that run.

I definitely would like to feel fast again. To do that. I've got to drop weight. Stay injury free. Continue with the speed work. And wait for all this 70.3 training to finish. That way I might actually arrive at the start line feeling rested.


No comments: