Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Putting in the time

Last week was a really good training week. Saturday's "long" 80 minute run didn't feel long. Then the 4500m swim felt like forever but I got it done. Then a 4 hour ride + 30 min run on Sunday topped it off. I even had a massage scheduled for Sunday evening.

Monday morning I get to the pool to swim 4000 and just had nothing. I stopped at 3000 even tho' I had time to keep going. It was ugly. Monday evening was to be an easy 1:45:00 bike. I wasn't able to get onto the bike until 8. Got a movie rolling and I made it all of 45 minutes.
I guess this is why most people take Monday off. I get it. Monday morning is just one of the better times for me to get to the pool.

So this week, I decided I'd break up the long run and the long bike. So my long run was tonight(Tuesday). 100 min. I felt a million times better than Monday night. Until my right calf and heel decided to chime in. Ugh! I cut it to 90 min and got my foot into the ice.

The good news is that there isn't much more volume to be added. It's just mixing in some intensity here and there. Hopefully I can manage may way through and avoid injury. I was really getting optimistic for a couple weeks.

I guess it's a bit of a roller coaster ride. As long as I'm at the top for a couple of the races this summer, I'll be satisfied.

1 comment:

Jford said...

You have a heck of a schedule lined up for 2012! Good luck with everything!