Wednesday, March 9, 2011

5K Race video / Some new recipes

I thought this video of the NYRR Coogan's 5K was put together quite nicely.
If you pause it as soon as it starts, 0:00 or 0:01. You can see me on the right quarter of the screen. White hat, Grey Shirt, about mid frame. Just to the left of the person with the orange vest.

I ran about 35-40 minutes Tuesday night. My hamstrings could still feel the race. Which I suppose isn't too surprising. I haven’t run hard in quite some time. Recovery is definitely something that’s on my mind this year. I don’t want a repeat of last fall’s ankle problem. I’ve been trying my best to stretch out after workouts. I’ll probably have to work massage back into the mix once the intensity is added back in.


I’ve really been enjoying the swim workouts now that I’m not dragging myself through the water. I still fall apart but I’m much more aware of what I’m doing. I think before I just had no clue as to what I needed to refocus on, to try and keep it together.

So running and swimming seem to be in a good place. Biking is still unknown. I’m hoping that I’ll be pleasantly surprised, once I’m finally off the trainer. (hopefully soon)

We’ve posted a couple new recipes on the tab at the top of the page.
One is a Veggie Burger, the other is for Brownies.

No comments: