Saturday, June 25, 2011

AC Joint


So I went to the chiropractor this morning. I was very curious to find out what he could tell me about my shoulder. To figure out what is wrong, you do a bunch of resistance tests, pushing and resisting with your arm in various positions. I guess I should have counted how many different tests we did. I think it was about 8. It doesn’t take very long to go through them, probably 2 minutes. After each one he’d ask “Any pain?”. No.

So that was good news, except that I was thinking it had to be something. I know it’s feeling better but it’s not perfect. He wasn’t done with me yet. He has me lie down on the table and then we do a test where he’s pushing on my shoulder. I grimaced as he did this one. “There it is, that would be an AC joint sprain”.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acromioclavicular_joint

http://www.athleticadvisor.com/injuries/ue/shoulder/a_-_c_sprain.htm

Always good to know what we are dealing with so we treat it properly. I should have been icing it. Not swimming was the right call. (easy call, it was painful to even try). It is much better already tho’. Hard to say how much longer I should rest it. It’s basically day to day. Maybe Monday? Hopefully.

No comments: