Friday, March 30, 2012

Good Week

So I ran a decent 5K last Saturday.
Had a really good swim lesson Tuesday.
Then Thursday after work, I ran 20K, my longest run in quite some time. My right foot didn't hate me until the last mile. And more importantly, was very useable the next day.
I finished at 9PM, so I really questioned whether I was going to make it to the pool the next morning at 6 to get my swim in. Surprisingly enough, I made that happen without any trouble too.

It's nice when things are going well. It helps me get over the bad workouts. Like the hill sprints on Tuesday morning. Those were ugly.

I finally saw the New Masters Swim Group this morning. Bob was the only person from our old group. (most of the others no longer live in NJ).
I didn't get to see much of what they were doing, but at this point, I don't think it's something I need to make time for. As much as I enjoy being part of a group, it's just not going to happen right now. I will admit to being jealous of Bob doing Butterfly Drills this morning.

Cold rainy weekend ahead (mid 40s). I'm trying to get it into my head that I'm going to bike in it anyhow. We will see how that turns out.

No comments: