Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Playlist Request & Update

First a quick follow up to the previous post regarding the addition of the juicer.

It’s only been a week and I feel like I’ve already started to enjoy tolerate the funky veggies in my juices. I’m curious to see how far this will go. Will I eventually be craving beets?


I’ve been drinking them mostly as a recovery drink post workout. Which is typically between at 8-10 at night. Too early to say for sure, but I feel surprisingly stable in the morning. Often when I eat late, I wake up feeling very hungry not the case here. Too early to say if this is something I should expect every time.


I went and got MRIs of my foot yesterday. I now have dozens of pictures of my foot. I have no idea what I’m looking at tho’. I plan on going to the Doctor tomorrow. I’m more than a little curious about the results. I have a feeling he will say there is nothing abnormal looking. Then send me to Physical Therapy.


To explain the situation with my foot a bit, I’ll describe my run last night. My right foot was very awkward feeling. It just wasn’t moving smoothly. The left foot felt fine. So I thought about how that foot was striking. Heel, outside “edge” of the foot, moving towards the inside to the ball of my foot and finishing the push off on my big toe.

The left foot: Heel, already on the inside and finishing on the outside of my foot pushing off with my smaller toes.

But not all the time. But that’s what’s going on when I feel that I’m running very awkwardly. It seems to me that if I kept running like this, I’d end up with a serious long term issue. Thus the Doctor and MRIs.


This is week 1 of a 20 week plan to IMMT 70.3. I’m 3 days in and already I’m sleeping on the train during my commute. I knew I had lost a bunch of fitness but I’d also forgotten just how many hours of training I had been doing last year. The good news is that I’m still feeling like I want to do this. I definitely could see how you could look at a long trainer ride and just think “it’s not worth it”. That’s when I have to think about race days. Those are always fun. So I start to visualize the course and zone out.


Unfortunately, I’ve been finding myself zoning out in the pool as well. I suddenly can’t keep track of laps again. I have to make a point of figuring out my estimated finish time on the clock before every send off, otherwise I end up doing too much or too little every now and then because I started to zone out mid set.


I’ve got a 4 mile race in Central Park this Sunday. I built my schedule for the week in a way that I’m hoping that will allow me to have some energy for it. I have Saturday off and even scheduled a massage. (I realize a massage can leave you feeling pretty funky some times). I know it’s not going to be a PR but I’d like to have a run that feels good, and a time that’s not too disappointing.


Lastly, the one thing I’ve got to do some work on is… my iPod playlist. I only use the iPod on the bike trainer but it’s been quite awhile since I’ve added anything to it. So throw me a list of songs that I should consider adding to my mix. Don’t be too picky about your choices, it’s a bizarre mix already. Doors, Tom Petty, Rush, Cake, Beck, Metallica…

I’ll leave you with the Beck song that always seems to pick me up when it shows up in the mix.

Click the link. Watch an ad. Then Enjoy!

Beck!

No comments: