Saturday, February 4, 2012

I'm coming back

Okay, good peoples. It is time I get back on the horse. I'm not going to say much right now other than that I am out of shape and overweight by a lot, and I need to change those things. The Tango is always a good motivator and I have lots of time to ramp up and slim down for that in 2012. I have also been challenged by a co-worker to run the Tussey Mountainback 50 miler in a year and a half. If that doesn't get me in shape, what would? I haven't said I am going to do that one yet but if anybody else wants to visit then, we can all do it together. It's a bit of a stretch for a 300 pound guy to do a hilly 50-mile race on logging roads, but I'd like to not be a 300 pound guy by October 2013. Let's shoot for the Tango this year and see how that goes.

It's good to be back.

2 comments:

catmarlson said...

Fantastic! Looking forward to hearing all about it.
I've been thinking about emailing everyone about the Tango to find out if anyone else has been planning for it. (or if I'm the only wacko).

GC said...

That's awesome! Happy to hear you are on your way! I'm not so sure about a 50mile run, but I would be happy to be part of your support crew.
I am always thinking about Tango. Call me crazy! I just love that day. Racing AND spending time with friends. Can't beat it!