Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Jogging with Jordon 5k

http://www.joggin-with-jordan.org/

In Warren Saturday May 21. I walked. My new, I am under trained, don't want to hurt myself, don't want to look bad, default event. I did walk it to win it.

I didn't win. Took 4th overall walker. 1st in 40-49 age group male. I told Tamara I thought I needed to go 36 to even think about winning. I went 37:20. The winner went 35:48. I knew I was right on the time, I just couldn't do it.

But who cares about me. Levi, Maddy, and Eleanor walked. Dinah rode in front of Maddy. Levi was 11th overall and 2nd in the 19 and under category. Yea! Maddy, Eleanor and Dinah back a ways.

But here is the exciting news, because I know they wouldn't post it for themselves. Jerry Johnson and Todd Olson were there. They ran. Jerry was third, that is right third in the 40-45 male category with a time of 22:08. Todd was fifth in same category with a 24:13.

Both these guys were very happy with these times. I thought they were awesome. This race had about 450 people between walkers and runners big race.

Hope all are well. Will try to post more or at least come up with comments.

4 comments:

GC said...

I think Jerry and Todd are holding out on the rest of us! I knew Jerry was speedy when needs to be, but Todd is stepping up his game! I love it! Thanks for the update, Craig! Good to hear!

catmarlson said...

Looks like I've got competition at the 5K distance!! That is awesome!

So Class of 88 Tango Team?
Jim
Craig
Matt
Todd
Jerry
Genine
Michelle as our manager?

Chris Johnson is already on another team.

Mjay said...

I would prefer to be called the "queen swim spotter OMG I hope they are ok DO you think they are OK WHY HAVEN'T THEY COME OUT OF THE WOODS YET Phew...suck it up and Lets kick some BUTTTT Manager" (that will pretty much cover all the emotions for the day I suppose)

Manager is just so plain :0)

Mjay said...

Oh--and last time I checked...CHRIS is way too old for our class of 88 team....hahahaha

AS the "OMG I hope they are ok DO you think they are OK WHY HAVEN'T THEY COME OUT OF THE WOODS YET Phew...suck it up and Lets kick some BUTTTT Manager" I feel it is necessary for me to point that out.

hahahaha