Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Bike Stuff / Columbia Triathlon Pictures

Monty

So I finally had a chance to check out that flat front tire. There is a tiny bit of sidewall damage. Instead of pumping in a can of fix-a-flat. I decided I may as well figure out how to pull the tire off and mount the spare as if it were race day.
I think the glue on this wheel is quite old. It's not very tacky. But I went through the process of mounting the spare anyhow. I had to use a tire lever but it wasn't too difficult. (The orange trainer tire was/is worse).
I'm now leaving that tire on to let it stretch. I have a feeling I'll be buying a new tire and having it glued on. This one will go back into the spare bag and I now have a bit more confidence that I could use it if I had to.

Training wise I'm in a weird spot. I get a couple good workouts, then I taper for Mooseman, which is a week from Saturday. If weather cooperates, I should be able to get some wetsuit swim practice before the race. Maybe that will help me break out from this 26 minute swim. The other thing going for me is that you can definitely see feet for a draft at Mooseman. (super clear). The trick is getting on the right pair.

Here is a link to the pictures Genine took at the Columbia Triathlon.
2011 Columbia Triathlon Pictures

No comments: