Sunday, April 24, 2011

Odd scheduling week

11 workouts is tough to fit into a 6 day week. Well I complicated things by adding the Massage on Monday night. Which caused me to take Tuesday off. Then I took Friday off as well. Fortunately, the weather changed for us Sunday and I got to do my 2.5 hour ride outside. I got rained on during the evening run but it was warm enough that it didn't matter.

There were some good moments this week. Wednesday night I ran 10 miles. The first 5 were miserable. I stopped often to try and keep my hamstring stretched out. At some point after 5 miles everything fell into place. I felt like I was running with good form. HR was low and my hamstring chilled out. It was a slow run but I felt good about it because I really thought my hamstring was going to force me to cut the run short. The weather was perfect for running which is why I moved my long run to this day.

Saturday: 90 minutes on the trainer. I spent a bunch of time trying different cleat positions. I was making drastic moves so that I could feel how the different positions felt. I think I'm in a better setup than when I started. I'm half tempted to get no float cleats. I think if they were locked in, I'd have an easier time finding what the neutral position should be. Next up, saddle position. I kept changing the height higher and higher until I finally felt that my right leg was no longer falling out of position. I think this may be the cause of my right hip/IT/hamstring.... problems. I can't figure out why the left didn't have the same trouble. When I'd do single leg drills, my right would have trouble going over the top. The left never had an issue. Once I got the saddle high enough both felt like they were circling evenly. My 90 minute ride was very comfortable. (low intensity)

Then off to the pool. There is something to be said about swimming when you are rested/recovered. I hit the water and my position felt great. So I decided to try and maintain that rather than hammer for speed. It was a great swim. Not my fastest but there was a ton of good stuff going on.

Best part of the week: I've started on my my tan lines. It was supposed to rain all weekend. Instead Saturday turned out to be awesome until about 4PM. We got to the lot and started taking the bikes off the car and Genine said "we should have brought sunscreen". Sure enough 2.5 hours later my arms are a bit red. A good reminder for next time.

No comments: