Wednesday, March 13, 2013

February was awful.


I haven’t posted anything recently because there were several weeks where anything I would have written, would have been negative and defeatist. Who wants to read that?

Here is the February summary: Lower back was giving me grief. Then my hips decided to join the party. Then I got a head cold that worked it’s way into a sinus infection. I was feeling as if I had aged years in just a few weeks. Anytime I’d think about this summer’s races, I’d wonder if I’d even make the start line this year. (In hindsight, it’s funny what being in pain can do to your thinking)

Fortunately, things are going much better now. Over the last 2 weeks I’ve progressed from just being happy to finally be moving again, to catching myself pushing myself a little too much during my workouts. (But wow does it feel good to put a bit of speed into my run workouts!)

In terms of my weight, I can’t give you an exact number. After February, I figured any progress I had made could have been lost, so I’m not getting on the scale this month. I know there is work to be done and that I’m out of time. I’m changing it up a bit and removing grains and starches out of the diet and going back to lots of vegetables and about the same amount of meat.
The easy carbs are going to come from fruit and those are going to be eaten somewhat sparingly. Most of my carb intake is going to just pre/during/post my workouts. 

Last week was a solid effort. 8 workouts and I felt that I was in control of my eating. More importantly, I’m just feeling good and actually looking forward to my workouts. (How about we keep that feeling around forEVER).
The 50-60 degree weather this past weekend didn’t hurt either.

So there you have it. I’m hopeful that things will continue to go well and I’ll have a bit more to write about on here.

No comments: