Saturday, September 8, 2012

My new favorite Smoothie

I have a  new smoothie recipe that I really like.
You really can't go too wrong with your portions, it's depends on what you like.

1/2 to 3/4  cup almond milk (my lactose free solution feel free to use milk)
1 cup of frozen blueberries
½ to ¾ frozen or unfrozen banana
1 TBS of Honey (It’s not as good without the honey)
1 or 2 TBS peanut butter (to taste)
Throw some protein powder if you want to boost protein content. I’ve been using Rice powder.
Then toss some ice cubes in and blend.

I really don't like bananas but I love this. 
Maybe eventually I'll actually like/tolerate bananas because of this.

2 comments:

Dawn said...

8Cat,
I went from hating bananas to loving them from using them in smoothies. Frozen ones have less taste, if that helps. Try a couple of them with a scoop of carob powder and some almond milk, tastes like chocolate ice cream!

catmarlson said...

I'm almost afraid to try this. Seeing how I already want to eat this smoothie for every meal.