Friday, June 15, 2007

Got my fins

This evening I received some fins from our daughter's horse-riding instructor. They are Deep See Aqua Glide fins. I checked on the web to see how good they were and found them for about 36 bucks, so they aren't super expensive, but they look much more high tech than my old black rubber models from a few years back. The claim on some websites is "Twice the speed for half the effort." If that's true, I'm all for it. Another site said "This type of fin allows a 1500 pound tuna to swim at 50 mph." That's close to my weight, so I should finish the 2.2 mile Tango swim in what...looks like under three minutes! I'll be trying these out tomorrow somewhere. Either in the pool or some open water. Matt, maybe I'll head up to Warren next weekend instead and go swimming in the lake. Want to be my safety canoe? Speaking of that, we might want to practice canoing a little too.

That's my update for this week.

No comments: