Monday, June 4, 2007

A bit off topic here...Allergies

Because my allergies pushed me into a sinus infection which then got into my lungs as well. I've done a bit of research as to how this can be avoided. (for next year most importantly, ha!).

The big thing with allergies is that you have to be preventative. You need to have your defenses in place before you run into the stuff you are allergic to. For me that would mean taking something 24/7 for about 4-6 weeks in the spring. I was concerned if that was ok to do. I found this article on WebMD which seems to say that it is.
Antihistamines aren't Addictive! Link
So today the Dr prescribed Allegra-D for me. When I got to the pharmacy it was going to cost me $130. So they still have their pills. I still have my $130. I'll use Claritin. I'm currently in search of the Generic which that article refers to because it's so much cheaper.
Hopefully this will work, I'm disappointed about the Rocky Gap but I'm already thinking ahead to the Tango. It's time to get healthy and back on schedule with my workouts.

No comments: