Saturday, April 21, 2012

More Speed Track Workout 2

Genine, Todd and I actually made it to the track Friday night after work. Last week's speed run was on a treadmill. The treadmill is plenty effective but not quite real.
The main set was 4x400, 2x800, 4x400. Unfortunately, neither Todd or I remembered a watch and Genine did her own thing. So I really don't know how it went by comparison of other years.

On the drive home, I was remembering the track work build back in 2009. I'm hopeful that this build works out the same way. Because tonight, even tho' I was running faster than I would normally run, there was no power behind it. I also didn't feel like my run stride was right either. I'm not sure how to describe this other than I felt too upright and wasn't driving my legs as powerfully as I should be. I seem to remember this all fell into place over the course of about 6 weeks of track work. Maybe that will happen again this year.

I know I've posted this before but it's been awhile. Here is the link that helps give you an idea of how fast you should be running for your track intervals.
McMillan Running
Plug in a recent race result and it will put together an estimation for just about every distance. I took my times with me tonight but without a watch it was useless. Next time, I won't be in so much of a rush. Because there wasn't much sun left in the day, there was no turning back to get it. Fortunately, the days are getting longer.

Track workouts are tough. I was glad Todd was there with me because I might have stopped early otherwise. But this is how to get faster. So get out on the track and start tearing it up!

No comments: