Thursday, February 11, 2010

Time on the trainer

Had the day off Wednesday because of the snowstorm. We ended up painting 2 of the rooms that day and never got a workout in. Although a full day of painting may be worth something?
I finally got an hour in on the trainer tonight. I have been very curious to see how I was going to adapt to the new bike setup. Here is what I experienced.
1: Higher heart rate to achieve cadence in same gear ratios.
2: I have never had this smooth of a spin before. Before my fit, I always had to focus on creating a smooth spin. Now it just seems to happen.
3: I was hopeful that my back/hip "pain" would be diminished. Didn't happen, Guess I keep working on strength and sretching.
4: Aerobar pad position may be too far back. When I stand up I'm concerned my knees will hit them.

I've got to build up some new muscles it would seem. Glad that I've got a few months to do that.

No comments: