Monday, February 15, 2010

Good day off (of work)

I figured I'd be up early go run hills, then head to the pool. Instead, I had to move stuff for the guys working on the baseboard trim in our house. I think we might be in the final week of playing the tile puzzle game with all of our belongings in every room. We relocated so much of our stuff it's getting tough to find anything.
So I got out the door for my run around noon. 4 miles of the hill loop. It was good to be out running, it's been about 10 days. I've been curious to see if my foot pain improves if I don't run. It doesn't seem to make much of a difference.
I then went to the Y to swim but the kids swim meet had already begun. So much for that idea. Back to the house then off to run errands.
Home Depot to order blinds: After 20 minutes, it was determined there was nobody that could help me. The person is on lunch and return time unknowable.
Auto Zone to get engine code read: 10 minute wait, 3 people were working, but only one guy doing anything. After 10 minutes I decided it wasn't going to happen for at least another 10 minutes. So I drove to the garage instead. Of course he's doesn't have time until Thursday.
Not a very productive outing. I guess I should have waited at one of those places, at least something might be off the list.
Genine calls, she's on her way home. She figures we will have time for an hour on the bike trainer before going to Yoga. I'm not sure how good of an idea that is (biking before yoga) but I'm going to give it a shot.
We do a base builder workout. I'm supposed to stay in zone 2, it kinda turned into high zone 3, 4ish. For whatever reason, with the new bike position I just seem to be pushing higher heart rates. I'm going to have to learn to dial it back if I'm going to bike anything longer than an hour. We finish with less than an hour before we have to leave to get to yoga.
Tiffany begins Yoga by telling us that it's going to be a tough session and that you can go into Downward Dog or Child's Pose at any point to take a break. This is going to be interesting. Surprisingly enough I was feeling strong, but I heated up and was drenched within' ten minutes of the class starting. That was not surprising to me of course but I was good for some comic relief for the rest of the class. Nothing new there either. I guess I should show up with a mop to class next week.
(by the way, I figure the others aren't sweating because they are slackin')

It was pointed out to me that the NYRR Run this Saturday will count for 2 races towards the 9+1 I need to do for the 2011 NYC Marathon. Wahoo!

3 comments:

Mjay said...

"(by the way, I figure the others aren't sweating because they are slackin'"

ummmmm--other than Genine..Do any of your classmates read this blog? If so..proceed with extreme caution at your next class. You may find yourself face down in a pool of your own sweat! hahaha

catmarlson said...

I'm not sure anyone reads this blog... So I think I'm safe.

Agreed, Genine doesn't slack.

GC said...

I do not believe Matt was the only person sweating during that class. I know I was...although not to the degree of Matt. the wall of mirrors at the front of the room were actually fogging over by the end of the hour. That's good stuff!