Tuesday, September 15, 2009

and so it goes...

As the triathlon season comes to an end and my work "season" is shifting into high gear, I recently find that I have been giving myself little pep talks to avoid going down the dark path of "poor me"...work is overwhelming...I'm tired...I have to work Sunday so I can't go on a long bike ride...and the list can go on from there. Sometimes the pep talks work, sometimes they are short lived. I guess that's the way it goes sometimes. A few days ago I got one of those chain emails from a friend. I didn't pay much attention to it at first, but then I read the quote at the end. It is a rather simple message, but it really struck a chord with me. I don't intend this to be "preachy" and I apologize to the guys as this may be more of a "girl thing", but I couldn't resist sharing it with you. Hope you like it, too.

'May today there be peace within. May you trust that you are
exactly where you are meant to be. May you not forget the
infinite possibilities that are born of faith in yourself and
others. May you use the gifts that you have received, and pass on the love that has been given to you. May you be content withyourself just the way you are. Let this knowledge settle into your bones, and allow your soul the freedom to sing, dance, praise and love. It is there for each and every one of us.'

1 comment:

Mjay said...

AMEN!

It's ok to have down days from time to time. Balance will be your key. Holiday season is demanding but you'll get through it.