Monday, June 29, 2009

Great Weekend

Saturday morning up at 5 AM to run with Todd. I don’t have to meet him until 5:45 but I’m finding that if I stretch a bit before I get out the door, I’m ahead of the game. Not to mention giving the hydration and nutrition time to have an effect.
My plan was to run 7 miles but if everything was feeling good, maybe I’d go a bit longer. Well it turns out mile 3.5 was right at the top of a climb. We were holding a pretty quick pace and my knee wasn’t being awesome, so I whimped out and turned around on schedule.
I finish the run only to find out that I’m bleeding. Nope, not my feet this week. I was wearing a white Asics tech shirt I hadn’t worn in awhile. It would seem that is now too loose fitting because in just 7 miles I gave myself some serious nipple chafe. Great... Todd got a good laugh out of it.
Took a nap then got ready to head to a party with friends from college. That’s always a good time. We stayed too late which was expected, I wasn’t prepared in terms of having a coffee or something ready for the trip home. We eventually stopped and got a frozen coke. I’m not sure when the last time was that I had a coke. It did the trick. Talk about sugar overload tho’.

Sunday I slept in a little longer than I intended but I guess that’s to be expected. Then we met up with Maija to go on a long bike ride. She raced in Philly on Saturday and had 90 minutes planned. We split off to try to get 2 hours or so in for the total. Once we hit a long section of straight rolling hills, we cranked it up to race intensity. I should have timed the interval as it was an out and back. Maybe 10-15 minutes each way. We took a break at the turn around.
It was an amazing day to be out riding. If we didn’t have family stopping over in the afternoon, I’m guessing we would have biked for another hour. If we have the time available to us, we should have no problem working up to the 56 miles for the half iron in August.

So we missed Wednesday’s Yoga last week and Sunday’s swim but other than that it was a solid week of workouts. Very light on the swim but I think I will fix that this week.

No comments: