Monday, March 16, 2009

When do you race?

Matt are you definitely doing the Colon Run this weekend?  Just you or others?

Just wondering when to look for results.  Despite my lack of work, I am excited to see how yours is paying off.  After making the poster, and putting in some results, I will be talking, "I know Matt Carlson, yea, that Matt Carlson."

I have been fighting a cold.  It never got me in bed, but it is tough holding my eyes open at 9:30.  Maddy was down with it over the weekend, her cough was worse than her bite.  Eleanor was the source, but it only lasted two days in her.  Mommy, Levi and Dinah  all weathered through so far.  
Tonight Levi and I are going to do push ups.  I am trying to talk him into doing 1/3 of what I do.  I hope he doesn't rip off 100.  I am thinking 20 to 30.  Trying to get him shape for baseball.  Practice starts this weekend.  They will have kids pitching to them this year, so it is not "if" he is hit by a ball, but "when".

Did I mention the bike race that starts four miles from the house. Morgantown Road Race  I was looking for the citizens version (something less than 47 miles).  Talked to another guy.  He told just be a wheel sucker, problem is not wheel sucking, it is the sucking for oxygen that may be the problem.  I may have to do this just to part of the group.   See if I can get a couple people I know to do it with me.

7 comments:

catmarlson said...

I'm definitely running this weekend. 10:15 AM start.
I believe there will be 7 people in our group.
Myself
Steve Guo
Amy Lusty
Donna Comas
Steve Guo
Lou
David

It should be interesting. I honestly can't even guess how I'm going to do. I'm hoping that I get comfortable early, zone out and just GO!
I'm hoping for a result which makes me feel like all these cold winter hills runs were worth it.

Good luck with the pushup plan. You might want to make a chart or something to show the progress. Otherwise it's kind of hard to feel like you are actually improving. It's kind of hard to make pushups fun.

I still haven't gone over 40 miles on a bike ride. That has to change soon. You definitely should do the road race. Take a good look at the course. Take it easy at the start, find a comfortable pace then see if you can push the last 20 minutes or something like that. Sounds like a fun ride.

catmarlson said...

Sunday 10:15AM

http://www.nyrr.org/races/2009/ccc/raceinfo.asp

Jim said...

is Steve Guo doing it 2x?? :)

catmarlson said...

It would seem I need an editor..
There will be 6 of us running. I was thinking about our car pool situation. Genine was in my count for 7.

SJV said...

I thought it was Steve and his brother Steve. if they are twins, they could really screw with the fast guys. Keep swapping out.

Jim said...

Good call Shawn, that would be a treat!! I like the way you think.

SJV said...

Not to mention...I don't think I want to have anything to do with the "colon run." I think most people want to prevent their colons from running. I know I do. No colon runs for me.