Saturday, March 1, 2008

Allright CC, I'm glad your enthusiasm level is so high! It's hard for me to be so excited when the snow is so deep and still coming. We got another 6" last night. There may still be piles of it in June! Even if all the snow is gone the roads up at the lake are gonna be in terrible condition due to the freeze-thaw, so be prepared. I just hope that I get some outdoor bike time before June.

As for your chemistry question... DON'T DO ANYTHING CRAZY YET! Let me look in some of my references. There's a professor from Wisconsin, Bassam Shakhashiri, that has published a bunch of chemistry demos. Here's a link to some of his 'at home' things to do: http://scifun.chem.wisc.edu/homeexpts/homeexpts.html
Please be careful and wear safety glasses and gloves!

2 comments:

catmarlson said...

Patch kit
Extra Tube
Extra tire?
I've actually been considering getting some decent sunglasses. I usually buy the cheapies. The trouble is those cheap lenses really just make things dark. That's not going to help spot pot holes along the road.

CSquared said...

I have already done some crazy things. The fan favorite was when I spewed a mixture of vinegar and baking soda(powder, can't remember) all over my leg while the balloon came off the top of the bottle. I smelled wonderful and was wet for the rest of the service. Kid's liked it! Not sure the janitor was as impressed. Thanks Eric.