Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Swim Class: Round 4

6x100 Baton Drill
8x 25 kickboard. 30 sec break in between
6x100 Races
2x200 with paddles, heck of a workout for the shoulders
20x 25 as few breaths possible on odd, fast as possible on even, starting every 45 sec
1x 150 cooldown

The 6x100 races I think my best time was 2:00 and fatigued was 2:12.
As I fatigue I don't pivot as well at the hips, which then puts me more into Craig's drill of no body twist and just "plowing" through the water.
I'm not sure how to work on that other than working on endurance, I'll ask the coach next time around. If I were to guess, I'd say the answer is core strength/abs to carry that pivot from hips to shoulders.

Only one massive Hamstring cramp as I was getting out of the pool. Had a heck of a time trying to figure out how to get rid of that. Which made me think about the swim/bike transition. I seem to have issues leaving the pool after 90 minutes. I'll have to try some 40 minute swim to beach transitions this summer at the lake and see how it goes.

No comments: