Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Swim Class: Round 2

OK. This is kind of funny. I got beat up so badly last week I'm actually somewhat anxious about going to class tonight. I did practice on Sunday... I'll post more after the class.

I forgot to get the workout sheet today. But he strayed from it anyhow. What I remember.
Start off with an 800... LOL.

Then we did a 50 Drill holding a baton in front, You would have to keep it there and grab with the other hand before continuing. It's supposed to teach where your reach into the water should be.
3 75s
1 300
4 x 50,25,25 (the 50 was a stroke, stay on side 6 kicks, Quick stroke to other side repeat). Then a technical 25, Then an all out 25.
1 50 Baton Drill again
1 150

I know I'm missing stuff. There were more in the class today so we had 3 lane. I did the novice stuff which I listed. The pro lane finished the night doing a 1000, while we were doing our drills. The 2nd lane was doing 50 more than us for most of the longer distances.

Anyhow, I didn't have nearly the problems cramping that I did last week. When I got home from work I walked on the treadmill for 20 minutes, then did about 20 minutes of stretching. I'm guessing that helped.
As for the swimming. The coach is telling me my form is good for short distance. I've got to keep my chin lower so my back will arch less. (one of a dozen things to work on).
I'm going to have to structure my workouts now. I'm starting to feel like I can swim with decent form for all of 30-40 yards, then fatigue makes me lose it. I'm going to work on 50's with strong/fast finishing strokes to the hip. I feel that as I fatigue I just don't finish the stroke which messes up your ability to breathe properly as well. I've got to build those muscles up.

No comments: